Powered by Blogger.

Name That Plant!

There are bunches of these growing all over the place. They appear to be mainly with the cool season grasses but I could be wrong. If you know what it is or want to take a guess, please put it in the comments below. Winner gets a PRIZE!






Anonymous –   – (May 27, 2011 at 7:29 AM)  

Is that Russian olive?

Farmer Jon  – (May 27, 2011 at 10:46 PM)  

Good Guess. I wasn't familiar with Russian Olive so I had to look it up. I don't think that's what it is but I can't say for certain. I'll wait to see if anyone else wants to take a crack at it before I say what we think it is. I've had some folks who are fairly knowledgeable in the area, take a look at it and they gave me there opinion. But even they wouldn't say so with 100% certainty.

Robin J.  – (May 28, 2011 at 3:20 AM)  

Hmm...I have no idea. I'm horrid at identifying plants.

Farmer Jon  – (May 31, 2011 at 10:51 AM)  

Someone from the NRCS first thought it was a type of sunflower but then decided it was a type of Goldenrod. After further discussion with others, we believe it is probably a type of sunflower (Maximilian sunflower). http://citnews.unl.edu/florasearch/plantDetail.shtml?id=1007050504
Our neighbors talked about how there are lots of sunflowers, so I'm guessing that's what these are. And there are a lot of them...
Hopefully we can graze them out/down.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP