Powered by Blogger.

I'm still here!

I've been wrangling runaway turkeys...


Playing with cute puppy dogs...


Taking care of baby chicks, baby ducks, baby turkeys and a few guineas as well...



And taking care of some BIG, noisy ducks...


I know people say that you can't brood ducks, turkeys and chickens all together, but it's worked out great for us!  We did lose a couple turkeys when we first got them, but they are notoriously hard to raise.  So far, everyone gets along great.  Although I did see one little Bourbon Red poult pecking on an Indian Runner duck who finally got tired of it.  So, he turned around and whacked the crap out of the little poult with his beak.  It was pretty funny...

Michelle DeRusha  – (May 10, 2011 at 1:05 PM)  

Stopping by to say hi -- I live in Nebraska, too (though not on a farm!). Love your pics here...and hey, I work at NET Television. I see in an earlier post that you were interviewed for our upcoming local foods show. Very cool! Nice to meet you here...

agirlonafarm  – (May 11, 2011 at 8:10 PM)  

Hi Michelle! I recognize your name from church, we also go to Southwood. I enjoyed your Lenten devotionals very much. Nice to meet you!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP