Powered by Blogger.

My ducks are going through puberty.


We let our ducks outside to roam this weekend for the first time.  And they had a blast.  They were a little hesitant at first, but dove right in eating dirt and grass.  And like I said, they are going through puberty.  I about fell on the floor laughing the first time I heard them.  So, let me explain, when ducks are little they peep just like baby chicks.  I was surprised by that, because I always assumed ducks quacked since they were born.  These ducks are about three weeks old and I just noticed last week that their voices are changing.  Instead of a cute "peep-peep", its more like a broken bicycle horn.  I wish I could imitate it for everyone, because it just cracks me up!


I took a video of them getting let outside for the first time and you might be able to hear them with their voices cracking.  But you will also get to see what happens when one of the ducks gets his foot caught and his owner panics...

Farmer Jon  – (May 2, 2011 at 8:48 AM)  

FYI, the duck came out unscathed. That "ramp" was very impromptu and has since been replaced by a much more functional and less hazard version. Albeit still impromptu.

Lisa  – (May 2, 2011 at 5:11 PM)  

Sorry, but I've watched this three times and am still giggling over Jamie's "oooh Jon".

Robin J.  – (May 5, 2011 at 5:41 PM)  

I had no idea that ducks didn't come out quacking.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP