Powered by Blogger.

Dear Internet...

I shake my fists at you!  Work!  Every time I sit down to do a blog post, the Internet decides to take a rest...very irritating I tell you.

Some random thoughts:

I've been cooking a little bit more lately, which makes both of us very happy!

First up some grilled pizza.  I've been trying to use the grill outside, so that we don't heat up the house.  Grilled pizza on a pizza stone was just the trick.  I was a little nervous about using the pizza stone on the grill, because I've heard you could crack it.  But this is a much better alternative to heating up my stove inside to 500 degrees for an hour.


I usually make my crust from scratch, but this is a ball of dough from Trader Joe's.  You just stretch it out and lay it down on to some yellow cornmeal to keep it from sticking.  See the wooden handled thing that the pizza is on?  Get one if you are going to make a lot of pizza on the stone.  This one was pretty cheap, I think it was from Bed, Bath and Beyond.


I just warmed up my grill to around 400-500 degrees.  My recipe called for 500 degrees in a stove for an hour, but that made me too nervous.  And let me warn you, it takes a little practice to actually hit the pizza on the stone without spilling everything.  One more reason to make pizza on a grill!


Can you say delicious?  I need to remember to split the dough next time.  The dough was too thick, especially in the middle so it didn't get done all the way.  Next time!

I also made up some breakfast burritos mainly for Jon.


I've never been a huge breakfast fan.  I'd rather have the same type of cereal for a year than eat eggs.  But when I started to become intolerant to milk I had to branch out a bit.  I've slowly learned to like different types of eggs.  What did me in was a bite of Jon's Waffle House egg sandwich.  Oh my...it was heaven!  There are no Waffle Houses in Nebraska, but we stopped at one in Missouri on the way back from visiting some family. 



These were actually pretty good, if I do say so...  The recipe called for Ore-Ida potato chunks, but I just cut up some potatoes, threw some olive oil on them and baked them for ten minutes.  I have this thing for frozen foods...I'm not a big fan.  I don't even like to go down the frozen food aisle, except when I can't get my craving for Digiornios rising crust cheese pizza any other way.  Can you tell I'm a pizza freak?

This burrito recipe and another one I'm going to make tonight are from the book Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer.  Excellent book about making freezer meals.  I like making simple recipes with few ingredients and as much homemade as possible.  This book fits the bill.  There are a couple exceptions, but I've learned to work around that.

Dawnrider  – (July 6, 2011 at 2:27 PM)  

You and your brother are both obsessed with pizza. Only leftovers on the planet he'll eat. Where did you get your stone? I want to get one with all the pizza we make/eat. My mom has one and I think they're great!

jphintz  – (July 6, 2011 at 6:22 PM)  

I've wanted to try pizza on the grill for a long time, but have never had the balls to do it. We will have to try it.

Ann R  – (July 6, 2011 at 7:47 PM)  

We've been using Alton Brown's grilled pizza recipe (from Good Eats on Food Network) for a little while. I'm kind of lazy so I usually just mix up the dough mix instead of making my dough from scratch. Then you put the dough right on the grill (no worries about cracking your stone), grill it for a few minutes, flip it, top it right there on the grill while side 2 is grilling and as soon as the cheese is all melty and delicious, you're ready to eat.

agirlonafarm  – (July 7, 2011 at 9:19 PM)  

@ Dawnrider. Yes we both are obsessed with pizza! I got my stone when Jon and I got married, but I'm pretty sure that it's from Bed, Bath and Beyond. It's not expensive at all.

agirlonafarm  – (July 7, 2011 at 9:19 PM)  

@jphintz Go for it! It's super easy...

agirlonafarm  – (July 7, 2011 at 9:20 PM)  

@ Ann R. I will have to check out that recipe...that sounds interesting!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP