Powered by Blogger.

There are some things about farming that I just can't handle...

Ticks

I hate ticks

The end

Blech!  I found one in my hair this morning and I almost tore the shower curtain of its rings trying to get away from it.  I don't know if it just happened to get to my scalp, because it was not attached at all.  I was able to flick it off with my fingernail instead of having to pull it out with tweezers. 

Now, I know ticks are a part of country life.  I've already pulled two off of Max, which was no problem.  It's when they are on ME that I have a problem.  As of right now, I am on the hunt for some Guinea fowl.  I know people say they can be annoying because they are loud, but if they eat ticks that's all I care about!

From dogbreedinfo.com

Whiffletree Farm  – (April 5, 2011 at 5:54 PM)  

I hate ticks, too. I let the chickens roam the area around the house because they, like guinea fowl, eat ticks. Here in New England one must carefully wash all over after long walks in the woods because the insidious creatures from hell will jump on you for a ride and a drink. Yuk. Such is life in the country! Beth

Krystal  – (April 8, 2011 at 10:32 PM)  

You make me laugh! I distinctly remember you keeping your cool when Static came in with a tick. Yes it is different when you are the host.

agirlonafarm  – (April 11, 2011 at 8:48 PM)  

And for some reason I didn't think there were very many ticks here in Nebraska. I always thought they were more in your area, Beth. I know better now! We just ordered some more ducks to hopefully eat more ticks, plus the chickens that are already coming.

agirlonafarm  – (April 11, 2011 at 8:49 PM)  

@Krystal-Oh Static, you were my first tick removal. And it happened with a pair of pliers...at least I got the dang thing off! And she did so good when she stood in the sink and let us dry her off...I miss her...

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP