Powered by Blogger.

Sooo.....I lost my shit today...

...and it wasn't pretty.

Let me rephrase that, I lost my shit this morning.  At three o'clock in the morning to be precise.

I woke up at two o'clock this morning to the sound of Max shaking his head, which also jingles his tags.  That pretty much always wakes me up and today was no exception.  I rolled over to check the clock and there was nothing....  No clock light=no power.  Which means the batteries ran out of juice.  I was so tempted to turn back over and deal with it in the morning, but I knew that no power=no heat for the ducklings.  Sure enough when I went down there, they were about 60 degrees, when they should have been around 90 degrees.

I woke Jon up to go turn on the generator and tried to act like I was helping.  I wasn't...who was I kidding?  I wanted to be in bed!  I went to lay back down in bed and was scratching my head, when I felt it...dear Lord...please don't let it be........................a tick.

And that's when I lost it.  This one was attached.  Not like the two others that were just crawling on me.  This sucker was firmly attached in my hair.  I made Jon get it out with tweezers, while the whole time I was trembling and saying "I can't deal with this...I can't deal with this..."

My fit was almost full blown at that time.  And then I got mad.  Dang blast those ticks!  Why aren't they on Jon?  Why me?  And what does every female do when they get really angry?  They cry....as did I.

So, now it's three o'clock in the morning and I was 99% on my way to a full blown fit.  As in I'm a two year old....I'm gonna scream and wail and throw myself on the bed, while kicking and punching.   My poor husband....

I continued to scratch all over my body and freak out thinking every little thing was a tick.  Jon and I checked the blankets and of course there was another tick under the covers.  He wanted to be nice and warm right?

I was able to pull myself together and put my big girl panties on and fall asleep.  But not before twitching like mad, continuously scratching my head and flipping over every time I felt something.  So, I got very little sleep last night. 

Such is the life in the country...I'm pretty sure if I knew about this before I may not have moved so far out into the country.  Oh well!  That's life!

Did I mention I had to do the Heimlich maneuver on my dog this morning?  What is my life coming to.....

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP