Powered by Blogger.

Ever seen a pig yawn?


Now you have!

We bought 8 sows and boars from Black Sheep Farms on Saturday.  And they are the cutest things I've ever seen.  I've never had pigs before, but Jon has when he was growing up on the farm.  I love to listen to their little grunting sounds, especially as you get closer to them.  And they've already started rototilling the temporary area we have them in now.


The four sows are due to be farrowing soon, which always makes life more interesting!  Is it sad that when I look at them I get hungry for bacon and ham?

Steven Romero  – (April 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM)  

Those look like mangalistas. Is that right?

agirlonafarm  – (April 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM)  

They aren't mangalistas, but Guinea hogs! I had to google the mangalistas and they look a lot like these guys. All that curly hair...

Steven Romero  – (April 29, 2011 at 1:01 PM)  

Last I looked the guinea hogs were hard to come by. I'm glad to see that they are making a come back.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP