Powered by Blogger.

It's okay...

It's okay...
...That I would rather not be packing right now.

It's okay...
...that I'm going to miss my nice fridge and dishwasher.


It's okay...
...that I am sooo excited to move to the farm, but not as excited for someone to rent out my house.

It's okay...
...that I'm going to miss my three bathrooms.

It's okay....
...that I'm not going to miss cleaning all three of those bathrooms.

It's okay...
...that I'm not going to miss cleaning that stainless steel, it sure is pretty, but what a pain to have to clean all the time.

It's okay...
...that I'm going to miss the convenience of flipping a light switch and never having to worry about where my power comes from.

It's okay...
...to miss the convenience of living in a city.

It's okay...
...to miss my nice backyard that I worked so hard on last year.

It's okay...
...to miss my hydrangeas that I planted two years ago that were just starting to get big.

It's okay...
...to miss my nice tile shower...especially since the farmhouse doesn't have running water right now.

It's okay...
...because this farm adventure is going to be OH SO much fun!  Can't wait!  ( I mean...as soon as that running water problem gets fixed...)

Whiffletree Farm  – (March 9, 2011 at 4:33 PM)  

You will make the farmhouse your own and be a part of it, you'll see. It's always so hard, I think, to live somewhere else when you have put a piece of your soul into a home. I think women experience spiritual attachments to homes they have nurtured but my husband thinks I'm crazy. After we bought out farmhouse in Vermont, I worked on it for about a year and THEN felt it was truly mine. Only a year. Best of luck to you!

agirlonafarm  – (March 10, 2011 at 7:43 AM)  

Thanks, you just articulated what I've been feeling. It's very sad to leave a house that you put so much work into. But we are on to bigger and better things!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP