Powered by Blogger.

And it just gets better...

One of these pills is for the dog and one is for me!  I can hardly tell the difference...they are both antibiotics.

First the dog, he had a blood draw yesterday, which I heard went stunningly well.  Not.  Jon said as soon as Max walked in, he knew where he was and he was not happy about it.  Apparently it took several people to hold him down and one lady got hit in the head by him.  We won't hear the test results until Friday and he is now on a hypoallergenic food trial for the next three weeks. 

Now, as to why I'm on antibiotics.  I ended up in the ER of a local hospital Monday night with pyelonephritis.  I have NEVER had those kind of symptoms before.  I knew I wasn't feeling right, but I figured at worse it was Influenza or maybe Pneumonia.  I was walking to check cows and break water when I kept feeling like I was going to pass out.  I had a hard time catching my breath and my chest hurt.  I chalked it up to running around on Saturday night in the cold air and snow. 

I kept feeling really weird, like everything was very distant.  The sky seemed to be a funny color and I kept thinking I was going to start spouting out nonsense.  I finally told Jon about it and he told me to sit down.  That didn't help at all, I think it made me realize that something was wrong.  I told Jon that I should probably go to the clinic and we started to pack up.  Our neighbor was bringing over some bales of hay for the cattle and he stopped to say hey.  I realized that something was very wrong when I couldn't comprehend anything that he was saying.  His lips were moving, but I couldn't understand the worlds coming out of his mouth.  I had a hard time getting in the truck because my legs felt so heavy. 

At this point, Jon realized that I needed to go to the ER and NOW!  On the way there, I kept thinking how everything looked sooo funny and how my hands were so heavy.  I could tell Jon was worried about me, but I was kinda lost in my delusions.  When we got there, I couldn't even help them take off my hat and coat.  They quickly got some labs drawn and an IV started.  I was starting to get scared because I felt very confused and at one point I was actually saying words that didn't make sense.  That scared me even more because I KNEW that I was saying nonsense, but I couldn't help it.  My chest kept hurting and I felt nauseous, so they did a head CT.  Everything was coming back normal, except a UA which showed bacteria and ketones in my urine.  I also had chills and body aches and my teeth were chattering so hard I thought they might fall out of my head.

As the fluids ran in, I could feel myself coming back.  Things started to make sense and I could think a little clearer.  Apparently I was very dehydrated, because when they tried to get an IV it took them three tries, because my veins were blowing.  This taught me a very good lesson.

1.  Drink lots and lots of water when working outside.
2.  Drink more water.
3.  More water.
4. And a little bit more, just to be on the safe side.

And I need to take good care of myself.  We obviously did not get a lot of sleep over the weekend, which I think contributed to this problem.  I can't do it all and I need to make sure I'm in good health to help Jon with the farm.  I stupidly tried to go to work yesterday and I knew that was a bad idea as soon as I got there.  My body felt like it was on fire, I was so hot.  So, I went home and slept the rest of the day and started to feel better about 5:00pm.  I'm much better today, except I also have another stinking cold.  And I promise that pictures of the cattle are coming very soon!

Lisa  – (March 2, 2011 at 4:57 PM)  

Yes!!! Please take care of yourself and drink lots of water!!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP