Powered by Blogger.

Chickens

Oh, how I love chickens!  I first fell in love with them at our state fair a couple years ago.  We wandered into the small animal exhibition with the chickens, duck, geese and rabbits.  I was hot and tired and needed a place to rest.  After watching some young kids show their animals, I continued to walk around and look at all of the different kinds of chickens.  Who knew there were so many different kinds!  After that, I was hooked.  I could have sat and watched those chickens all day long because they were so entertaining. 

Here are a few of my favs:

Brahma

Dominique
Wyandotte
And one of my silliest chickens that makes me giggle the most:


Polish

All pictures courtesy of Backyard chickens

I haven't yet decided what type of chickens we will have on the farm as I still have a couple mail order magazines coming in.  I think I'm guaranteed hours of entertainment, no matter which breed I pick!

Lisa  – (January 18, 2011 at 4:20 PM)  

They are all to pretty to eat. I hope they are for eggs only!

agirlonafarm  – (January 19, 2011 at 10:21 PM)  

Ummm...no, mom sorry to disappoint you! Don't you want some farm fresh chicken?

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP