Powered by Blogger.

Keith Jacobshagen

This may be completely off the topic of farming, but oh well!  I was reading the newspaper on Sunday, which is my favorite day and I came across an article about Keith Jacobshagen.  He is a Midwest artist who recently completed a year long study in landscape.  That alone doesn't sound very interesting until you see his paintings.

They are small about 3.5 by 5 inches, but they blow me away!  I am not one to get super excited about art even though I took a ton of art classes in college.  I was on the six year plan, which included stops at teaching, graphic design, fashion design and FINALLY nursing.  I do feel like I have an appreciation for the arts, but I'm not really into going to museums or buying art.

But his paintings just struck me. 

Here is one example:



He captured exactly how I feel about the sky in Nebraska.  If you have never been to the Midwest or Nebraska, you probably don't know what I'm talking about.  The sky out here is huge!  And that is one of the main reasons I told Jon that I wanted to move to the country...I missed the sky.  I grew up in a small town and saw the horizon many times, but living in the city you miss it.

Here is another one I like:


If I had an extra $1500 in my pocket, you bet I would be buying one of these!  Modern art really doesn't do it for me...but this....this I get completely.

Here is a link to the article in my local paper.

The Aesthetic Elevator  – (October 4, 2011 at 9:13 PM)  

Jacobshagen is incredible. If I would have been a little more aware of his work as a UNL student I would have made sure I got into one of his classes. Unfortunately I didn't.

Thanks for sharing the article!

agirlonafarm  – (October 10, 2011 at 7:21 PM)  

I know! His paintings are amazing. And you are welcome!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP