Powered by Blogger.

FAMILY

Jamie and I would like take this time to thank all of our family for being so helpful in everything we've done with the farm. They have helped us move stuff out of the farm house, clean up the farm house, move into the farm house, clean up our house in town, help fix fence, butcher chickens, bring us food, did our laundry, the list goes on and on. So a big THANK YOU to all of you!!! You know who you are, so we won't list everyone.

Other news:
WE HAVE FASTER INTERNET. FINALLY!!! We were hooked up and ready to go Friday night. Which was about a month late but I'm just glad to have it.

Also, we're up to 5 calves! I haven't gotten close enough to confirm but we may have 3 bulls and 2 heifers.

It's upper 90's and I'm OK. I was worried how I would cope with working from home in a house without air conditioning when it got really hot. But to be honest, I'm fine. We left the windows open overnight and I closed them when it was hotter outside then inside. I have a fan on me and it's not too shabby. I have to make sure all my paperwork doesn't blow away but it's a small price to pay. I'm talking to the landlord about a whole house fan. I've never had one but I've heard great things. If it gets unbearable, we may get a small a/c and just cool one room. For now, we're OK.

Lisa  – (June 6, 2011 at 8:02 PM)  

I told Jamie I am more than willing to come up and help with anything you need done. Just say the word:)

Michelle DeRusha  – (June 8, 2011 at 9:50 PM)  

I just love reading your posts -- life on a farm is fascinating for this suburban girl!

BTW, so excited to learn that you go to Southwood (and thank you for your kind comment about the Lent devotional!). I hope to run into you sometime -- we go to the 8:30 services (usually...although we are a bit lazier during the summer).

agirlonafarm  – (June 10, 2011 at 7:19 AM)  

Hi Michelle, we also go to the 8:30 service! It's a little more difficult now that we have chores in the AM, but it's our preferred time. We will see you around!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP