Powered by Blogger.

Yummy pancakes

My favorite pancake recipe by far is from one of my favorite cookbooks Food to Live By: The Earthbound Farm Organic Cookbook.  I happened to get this cookbook through one our recycling program, which offers rewards for how many pounds you recycle.  It's hands down one of my favorite cookbooks and I just recently got her second one. 


There are many many bookmarks in this one!  (I apologize for the poor quality of pictures, I really need to use my tripod when it's 6:30 in the morning, but I get lazy...)


My favorite eggs from Common Good Farm, the egg yolks are unbelievable!

This recipe is called Basic Whole Wheat Pancake Mix.  I was going to post the recipe, but I'm just not sure how that works with copyright laws.  Trust me, they are delicious!  They just have a really great nutty flavor that goes so well with real maple syrup.  Please, if you are going to make this recipe use real maple syrup, it's so much better than that corn syrupy maple syrup that's so cheap.

My tip would be to add 2 cups of milk.  It calls for 1-1.5 cups of milk and I always end up using more to get the consistency that I like.  I've never tried them with the apples and nuts which she recommends, but I can only imagine how good that would taste.

Pancakes aren't a normal everyday occurrence around her during the middle of the week.  I was up at five this morning, since I was falling asleep reading last night at nine.  So, I had lots of time before work!  And no cooking is complete with out my favorite apron:



Thanks Andrea!  And yes I wear bright obnoxious scrubs to work...what can I say, I'm a pediatric nurse!

Yeoman  – (February 9, 2011 at 11:32 AM)  

Occasionally I'll buy a mix called "Grizzly Cakes". My kids think they're great.

My wife makes pancakes for them, or waffles, fairly regularly, but for some reason they think that Grizzly Cakes, which she doesn't buy, are the best. I know oats are part of that mix.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP