Powered by Blogger.

Motivation

This is something I'm lacking right now...  My house is a mess, I need to order chickens and my dog needs brushed.  How do people find the motivation to keep their house clean and organized?  I've always struggled with organization at home and thankfully my husband is an excellent organizer.  I love it when he organizes my spices because he just makes thinks make sense.  I, on the other hand will shove things anywhere just to get them out of the way or better yet, not put them away at all.

And starting a farm while working full time is not conducive to low motivation and organization.  I've got to find a way to keep myself on track.  I was talking to a friend at work who suggested taking time before bed to pick things up.  I think that's a start.  My husband also suggests lists.  I can make lists, but sometimes I forget to do everything on the list. 

I can't even imagine how busy we are going to be once April/May hits.  Thankfully I have the option to go down to four days a week at work and still have my full time benefits.  I just wish I could do a better job now at home now  I don't feel like I'm a very good wife since our house is always a mess.  I honestly don't know how a family that has two full time working parents and kids and dogs can keep it together...it's like we need a stay at home wife for every family.

In some ways, I'm glad that we are moving so I can start going through our stuff.  We have accumulated so much stuff over the years compared to when we were in college.  Half the stuff in the basement I haven't seen in three years...I think that's a sign that I should get rid of that stuff.  I think we have entirely too many belongings and I don't want to move anything that we don't use regularly.  That gives me 2.5 weeks to go through this entire house....sigh...it's probably a good thing I've given up on watching TV...

I've never explained the picture that is my header above.  So, I thought I would!  That is our drive up to the farmhouse.  You can't hardly see the farmhouse up there, but it's there.  As you can see the grass and weeds are threatening to take over.  This pic is completely untouched too.  My husband took it, which impresses me.  I love it because it looks like the grass is glowing compared to the cloudy sky.

Lisa  – (February 22, 2011 at 4:47 PM)  

Definitely turn off the TV and do make lists and lots of them. They will help you organize your thoughts and keep you sane.

Dawnrider  – (February 28, 2011 at 9:43 AM)  

I may come into some extra free time in the next few months. I'd be happy to come up and help out. I know BC is pumped about the cows. :)

agirlonafarm  – (February 28, 2011 at 2:06 PM)  

It would be good to see both of you guys! You can come down anytime you want. We will pretty much be farm bound as soon as we move out there.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP