Powered by Blogger.

My dog is high maintenance

I don't think I've ever told the story of how we ended up in the pet ER and the vet twice the week that we got Max.  I don't have time today, but last night seemed pretty familiar in the Yoachim household. 

Max had not been feeling well yesterday, sometimes having diarrhea every 2 hours.  He woke us up last night at 11:30, 1:00, and 3:00 to go outside to go the bathroom.  I really regret not installing that doggy door.  Anyways, we all finally settled in to sleep until 4:30 when it happened.  Max vomited on himself in his kennel.  He normally sleeps by the side of the bed, so I just thank God that he was in his kennel because most of it went on his blanket. 

A dog that has just vomited is the saddest thing in the world.  When we first got Max and he was vomiting regularly 2-3 times a night, he would try to crawl in to the smallest ball that he could fit.  He would act that we were going to hit him.  Makes me sad to think what he went through at his old home.

Today he seems better so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no vomiting or diarrhea from him today.  Because we have a little thing like 20 cattle coming tomorrow and we don't have time to take care of a dog that won't stop vomiting.  Oh and this lovely development also makes unloading new cattle tricky...

Krystal  – (March 5, 2011 at 10:08 PM)  

Poor Max:( I'm so glad he now has a loving home!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP