Powered by Blogger.

Chickens

Man I am awake way too early!  My eyes just snapped open at 5:51 this morning...and there was no use going back to sleep.  My eyes felt like those creepy baby dolls eyes that snap open when you pick her up.

Anyways, I got my chicken and turkey order in finally!  I wish I would have done it sooner, but it's just one of those things that I kept putting off.  So, here's what I ordered:

15 Silver Laced Wyandottes

These are considered dual purposes birds.  So, they are heavy birds for meat and produce eggs.

15 Rhode Island Reds


These are also dual purpose birds.  They are excellent layers and make good meat birds.


10 Ameraucanas
I'm interested to get these in.  They are called "Easter Egg birds" for the blue green eggs that they lay.

5 Royal Palm Turkeys

I couldn't decide which way I wanted to go for a Heritage turkey flock.  Heritage turkeys are defined as a turkey that can reproduce naturally and is a good forager.  I've written before about how most commercial turkeys are unable to reproduce by themselves.

10 Bourbon Red Turkeys

All pics from Cackle Hatchery
I really wanted to try some Narragansett's this year, but they wouldn't be available until July and I really wanted at least a couple turkeys for Thanksgiving.  These birds will be here last part of April!

Lisa  – (February 23, 2011 at 4:43 PM)  

Wow! That's alot of birds! Where are you going to put them all?

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP