Powered by Blogger.

I said brrr

Cold. Weather. Sucks.


This has been a great winter so far but boy this week was rough. The cattle got out 5 times in a couple days. They just kept going through the polywire. It's harder to keep them in during the winter because they have much more hair and the frozen ground does not ground them as well so they don't feel much, if any, shock. So I was going to bring them a big round bale until I could come up with a more permanent solution but I went to turn on the tractor and it wouldn't start... So I tried to jump it with my Bronco and then the Bronco died and wouldn't start again.... So then I tried my F250 and it wouldn't start! All three of which were related to the cold weather. The tractor and the F250 had weak batteries that couldn't cut it in the cold. And I believe there's ice in the fuel system somewhere that caused problems with the Bronco. I eventually did get the tractor running when it warmed up the next day and brought the cattle a bale. So all was good. Until the next day... The cattle were standing around the waterer a lot and later I heard a lot of mooing. I soon discovered that the energy free drinker had frozen up somewhere and the cattle weren't getting any water. Luckily, I had put in a hydrant near the waterer, so I grabbed a water tank and moved the polywire back to the hydrant. 


And that's why I don't like winter. Any questions?


Jamie caught a glimpse of me bringing the water tank up for the cattle and she had to get a picture of it. What can I say, I was in a hurry and the four wheeler was the only thing that would start!







jphintz  – (January 22, 2012 at 11:03 AM)  

It might be time to get rid of the Fords and move to GM, they start and stay running in the cold.

Farmer Jon  – (January 22, 2012 at 1:54 PM)  

Ha,ha,ha. I'd rather have a broken Ford than a "running" GM.

Farmer Jon  – (January 22, 2012 at 1:54 PM)  

Ha,ha,ha. I'd rather have a broken Ford than a "running" GM.

Farmer Jon  – (January 22, 2012 at 1:54 PM)  

Ha,ha,ha. I'd rather have a broken Ford than a "running" GM.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP