Powered by Blogger.

What I've been up to lately...

Our lives have been filled with a little bit of dirt and a LOT of mud now...here's a sneak peak.


That's fun stuff right there, but I will let Jon talk about what's happening.

This is what I've been up to lately...trying to clear out our freezers!  When we brought home all of our processed roosters, our freezer space became a premium. 

So, I've been making some homemade tomato soup with some tomatoes that I froze last year.


This is the lazy way to preserve tomatoes when a person gets sick of canning.  I much prefer hot pack canned tomatoes, especially to use in chili and soup.  But there is something to be said for the ease of coring tomatoes and popping them in the freezer.  These might have been a wee bit freezer burnt, but I managed.  And the great thing about freezing them like this, is the skins slide right off when you let them thaw in water.  Super simple!

I've also been making lots of breakfast wraps.  We are overflowing with eggs right now and I can't keep on top of them.  These duck eggs had been sitting in our fridge for awhile, so it was time for them to go!



I just love the color of duck eggs.  And they taste exactly the same as chicken eggs.  I can't tell a difference at all.  The only way I can tell the difference between a chicken and a duck egg is how hard the shell is when I break it and the viscosity of the duck eggs.  When you break a duck egg, the egg whites string along forever, which is I bet why they are so good for baking.

Can you tell if these are chicken or duck eggs? 

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP