Powered by Blogger.

Finally...here is my finished embroidery project!

Finally...but it's actually been done for a few months now.  I'm just now getting around to framing it and taking pictures of it.


If anyone isn't familiar with Posie Gets Cozy, please visit!  It's such a great blog that I've been following for the past couple years.  It's filled with pictures of great food, embroidery and knitting projects and the life of Alicia Paulson.  I bought the pattern off her website and made a few tweaks.  Her original project is worked crewel wool, which I'm not sure I can get locally.  Thankfully, she included the equivalents in DMC embroidery thread.  I did change a few of the colors around since I used a different colored background as well. 

I've never done an embroidery project before because I've always been too intimidated.  I can't believe I've waited this long!  I love the fact that you basically can make it up as you go along and see the colors filling in between the outline.  I've done cross stitch in the past, but this is so much better.



This was a true labor of love for my little girl.  This piece is waiting to be hung in her nursery.  I hope someday she looks at it and feels the love that her mama sewed into each and every letter.


Extreme closeup!


My fingers are just itching for the next project...

Lisa  – (November 17, 2011 at 5:28 PM)  

It's so pretty! Your little girl will love and appreciate it guaranteed!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP