Powered by Blogger.

As one door closes... another is taken off it's hinges and turned into a cold frame!

When I can, I scour Craigslist for things we need on the farm. A couple years ago I picked up some sliding glass doors to make Jamie some cold frames. We were back at my family's farm this weekend and they had four patio doors that were headed for the trash. And then this week on Craigslist I found someone who was giving away SIXTEEN glass doors (about half of them were standard doors and the other half were the larger sliding glass doors). So we'll be up to Twenty-Two glass doors, all for the low, low price of FREE. They are perfect for cold frames and for all my solar projects that I would like to try. Whenever I can find the time. The doors are pretty heavy so I will probably need to come up with a way to make them easier to open when they are on the cold frames.


First priority though - put the bathroom back together. We finished scraping off the old wall paper, pulled everything out (including the claw foot tub, which was ridiculously heavy), put down new vinyl flooring, filled in cracks and holes, primed and painted. I've encountered quite a few setbacks so far but the shower and toilet are in and operational. I just need to move the plumbing for the sink over about ten inches. So now the floor is torn open and I'm trying to decide how many things will go wrong when I cut the pipe and try to extend it.



And what farm blog would be complete without a picture of a chicken on a pig. So, ladies and gentlemen, as promised, I give to you - Chicken on a Pig.

The Aesthetic Elevator  – (September 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM)  

Things go wrong when plumbing in an old house, whatever do you mean?

Farmer Jon  – (September 9, 2011 at 7:48 PM)  

LOL, Exactly! It's not a matter of IF something will go wrong but HOW MANY things will go wrong.

Lisa  – (September 17, 2011 at 1:38 PM)  

I had to look up what a cold frame was. I had no idea you could grow veggies in the winter. Hope it works and you'll share your over abundance.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP